Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fall Hair Trends 2014 ( Messy Hair )




While researching this article it made me laugh a bit. One of the styles is called " Gym Sleek" I obtained this reference from Harpers Bazaar. ( I will provide the link to the article which inspired this post )    which I think a lot of us rock naturally at the gym. I'm thinking skip the shower if you work out in the morning. Go to work and proclaim you are " Gym Sleek" make sure you use copious amounts of deodorant though. ( I am attempting to be humorous please do shower)


Years ago back when I started this blog we discussed , how the exclusive fashion world pulls from us the common folk. Mothers rocking messy buns at starbucks in NYC inspired one designer to shine up the look and use it on the runway. With that being said some looks being taken from the runway and rocked for fall go from Buns to Mod. I just watched " Valley of the Dolls " the other night which got me craving a mod bob. Looks like my fashion Spidey senses were right on cue. ( Spidey Sense is a reference to the fictional comic book character Spider Man. When Spider Man has heightened spider like senses)  I've provided youtube tutorial links on each title for your learning pleasure.

Off Duty Ballerina - This is a ballerina bun. You can wear it messy or sleek its really all up to you. I a linked a youtube to the title on the basic ballerina bun. You can just let your imagination go crazy.

Gym Sleek- Basically the casually done hair you wear to the gym. You can wear a large head band or free flowing. The way it works is mixed texture where your roots are wet and other half dry.

My Little Ponytail - Yes the pony tail is in for fall. Though you can have it free flowing or mixed media pony with strings and things woven in. Go through your kids craft set see if there is anything you can use.

Mod -     Well Mod is 60's era hair such as the bee hive , mod bob , pixie . Think of the women of the band the They B-52's they are mod. Also Twiggy , Edie Sedgwick , Julie Christie

My mom wanted me to pass on a cautionary tale about "Beehives" see said to make sure you wash your hair regularly. Being a nurse she said there was an increased cases of lice due to girls keeping there beehives in too long back then. She said some women were so infested they had to shave there heads. I mean too long as being in weeks long without washing. ( I am itchy now lets move on to wavy) 

Wavy   Do the wave !  Yes wavy hair loose curls is in this fall. I have naturally curly hair so my hair won't let me do this. Though give it a whirl.

Twisters and Braids -  All summer we heard about fishtail braids. I remember them back in the late 80's pretty blonde girls name Ashley who played la Cross wore them. ( Little shout out to my friend Ashley who totally can rock fishtail braids )  Then twisting your hair is also on trend this fall. You can twist your hair in a updo or into a funky braid. In the 90's we used to twist our hair in these medusa like twists and anchor them with little tiny butterfly clips. I loved this trend it was so easy and fun.

This fall seems pretty easy to me .Do any of our older readers remember the Topsy Tail ?  They should bring it back with all this twisting going on.  I am going to get a mod bob and rock a pop knot bun all fall and winter. I was growing my hair out hoping to dye it blonde. Though I remembered what a pain it was to keep up blonde hair. So I'm just going to keep my hair chestnut brown. So what hair style trend will you rock this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment