Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Favorite Denim Jacket ( Magic Jacket )


My Magic Jacket in HollyWood 


My denim military jacket was an last minute impulse purchase for a trip to LA . I was going to study avante guard makeup for one week. I had never been to LA before , being overweight made me even more nervous. I honestly was afraid to even land in LAX  thinking they wouldn't let me in. My fears were relieved when I saw other overweight people on the plane. I am an intelligent women so it even surprised me that I was nervous. I had a bizarre time in LA still don't know what to make of it . The class was cut short for unforeseeable reasons. So I was left in LA not knowing a soul at that time with 4 days to kill. My jacket took on a life of its own.





 This jacket was the ice breaker that helped me survive the trip to LA . People would start talking to me because they loved my jacket. ( I'm from a city were if random people talk to you they want to rob you, I kept my street smarts about me yet was friendly)  This culminated in a tourist family taking me under there wing for a day. I am always grateful to them made it a nicer trip. ( still bizarre on so many levels )



Since then this jacket not only goes with everything it has opened doors. New York City people actually talk to me when I wear it . In Phoenix Arizona I got asked for a drink with a really hot guy at the airport. When I wear it here at home people smile at me. I have gone down about 5 dress sizes yet the jacket still fits. Its  like my magic jacket for some reason. Do you have a statement garment or accessory that is like magic ?   My cousin in Tucson has a hat that no word of a lie looks good on everyone. If you don't think you got a hat head. This hat is magic it will look good on you. That was a random side note just because its how we do things here at Pop Trash Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment