Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 List of Gratitude








I would say that 2013 was a challenging year. The previous year was also a really rough one. Though I have grown in allot of ways. I have embodied forgiveness in my heart. Some gray hairs arrived this week so I must be getting wise. I thought it would be fitting before finishing up my resolution list to be grateful for this year. Though in its challenges, anxiety, sadness, stress, depression, it also brought many gifts such as gratitude, friendship, rebirth, strength, courage, humility, kindness. 


1. I am grateful things weren't easy this year. I challenged myself to push through the obstacles. 
2. I am grateful for friendship some new and reuniting with those I lost touch with. True friends are always in your heart. 
3. I am grateful for my grandmother who passed at this time last year. You taught me allot of things I know you are with me everyday.
4. I am grateful for the many births that blessed our family this year. We have seen so much loss and tragedy its been beautiful to see all these beautiful blessings come into our lives. 
5. I am grateful for the doors that have been slammed in my face this year. That only means better ones will open. The more challenging the door , what awaits on the other side is worth the work. 
6. I am grateful for those who gave up on me and judge me. Watching me flounder when you could have helped. You make me work harder to prove you wrong. In the same token I will be there if your time comes to support and love you. I will help you never do I want anyone to feel that despair. For I know what it feels like to be judged only by ignorance.
7. I am grateful to be given each new day on this earth to live, Its a gift even in the smallest to the grandest gesture I make it count. 
8. I am grateful I learned to ask for help instead of taking on everything myself and crumbling. Those who helped without a hesitation. I am eternally grateful for just knowing I'm not alone. You taught me to accept kindness restored my faith in humanity. 
9. I am grateful for  all the women of Dress for Success for inspiring me to be more. I was able to believe in myself again. Embrace my gifts be proud of them. 
10. I am grateful to have a roof over my head , food on my table, heat in my home. These are luxury's that I will never take for granted. 
12. I am grateful for every beautiful day. Seeing a deer this year was a beautiful thing. Also going to the ocean twice a place of great healing an inspiration. 
13. I am grateful for every risk I took that failed. Brings me closer to achieving success.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment