Friday, July 26, 2013

Fashion ; Embracing Metamorphosis

“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” 
― Charles Addams



I guess as a little girl I wanted to be different. Then as I teenager I wanted to disappear. My freshman year in college I used to change my outfit 3 times a day. Then I went through the polar opposite of that  the following year wearing nothing but umbro shorts even in winter.



 In the many phases of your life you wore something. You sometimes remember it fondly then in the later you rather not even go there. I was very girly for a while then I decided it wasn't for me and did my own thing. In my 30's I had  this awakening of femininity in some way. I enjoyed getting my hair done, mani , pedi  even a deep affection for the color pink. In some ways I wanted to embrace this in myself. Then Id rebel not really putting much thought into anything at all.

 In the past year my body and my style has been in a state of metamorphosis. I am getting brave in what I choose to wear instead of blending in I feel like standing out. Its scary I won't lie but at the end of the day you just got to embrace who you are. Take a risk now and then sometimes you wont like it. Other times you'll wonder why you haven't before. Whats the worst that could happen to you. People saying " I can't believe she wore that "  Just ignore it for what I have learned they mock the different then three months later they buy it.   
Having fun in my polka dot dress 
I even went orange this week . They say
curvy women should only wear black.
I decided why follow the rules 

Having fun at a Halloween party with orange striped tights
Random but note worthy 




No comments:

Post a Comment