Friday, February 15, 2013

I Forgot it was New York Fashion Week

Street Style Fall 2013: New York Fashion Week




I thought Id skip the Valentines Day post this year if that is okay with you. I as a pop culture beauty blogger missed New York Fashion Week. Last year I got my twitter coverage down pat with the schedule on my fridge good list on my twitter page of all the accounts. I also made good use of tumblr. In all honesty it took me a couple years to figure out how to cover fashion weeks without going. This year I've been emerged in the world of Radio and Music Trades. The closest I've come to fashion is Macklemore and Ryan Lewis song Thrift . Instead of Carl Lagerfeld I know allot about David Grohl. Julian Lennon has a US release happening this year. Though ask me what Betsy Johnson has been up too ? ( Let me tell you this girl knew ) The Grammy dress code I did know by heart I will give myself that . If you have been a fan of blog I always do something. I haven't purchase a Vogue in months. I will confess I have no freaking clue what is going on in the fashion world right now. I always read up on street style then fuse it with whats current. I have always felt the street style of today will trickle down to the runway in a few years. I always do a few weeks of research before fashion weeks to see what's going on. I haven't done a darn thing . I realized that my life has changed that is not a bad thing at all. I love all the new things I'm learning everyday. Though my blog has to have one Fashion Week post .  So I pulled a couple of things I found interesting. I decided to just comment on them with the first things that pop into my head . This may be dangerous though lets see where it takes us. I will say upon first glance of the street style shots outside of the venues. Enough with the fur already it makes my stomach turn. Wish they would just turn onto something else.




Calvin Klein Fall 2013
Very 1950's sci fi if you ask me . Would be something you would have seen in an episode of
the twilight zone " Women of the Future"  I really do like the use of the soft and hard elements

Oscar de le Renta Fall 2013
I really like this style seeing a trend they are borrowing from the mod  era it seems . I love the pop of color with the print I would wear this . 


Rag & Bone Fall 2013
This feels very late 80's early 90's pattern wise . Though I will say looking at Rhodarte an Vera Wang's Fall collections also the pant hems seem to be capri . I like it though very clean lines . I couldn't wear this Im curvy would look horrible 
Carolina Herrera Fall 2013
I am thinking Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca for some reason. I love the cut of this dress . The rouching on the tummy area is so kind. I learned this while shopping for dresses a few years back . It seems in fall we have some very era inspired looks . This is good for me means I can go to the thrift shop and emulate them. I primarlyy shop thrift 

No comments:

Post a Comment