Sunday, July 22, 2012

Beauty of Blueberries







When I was a little girl one of the most precious memories I had. Was going through the woods near my Auntie and Uncles home with my cousins. We'd have little dixie cups set off to gather blueberries. Our reward would be blueberry pancakes. I loved the early morning summer air , the way the sunlight hit the tree tops. My cousins and I laughing and running through the brush. My cousin Amy who is more a sister to me. Went blueberry picking at a farm in central Massachusetts. It was such a wonderful day. Now that we are grown it still brings a smile to your face. Especially with her kids who I call my niece and nephew underfoot. So lets take a look at this fruit who makes an aperence  every summer. Its qualities make you beautiful on the inside and out. I've included the pictures from our excursion so its like you came along with us.

Blueberries work as natural antioxidants and help to dispose of the free radicals in the body which are the main causes of various cancers and life threatening issues.

" Lund University in Sweden, shows that eating blueberries can ease and protect against intestinal inflammation. They also found that these beneficial effects on the body are increased by the consumption of probiotic bacteria along with the berries."
(  via  Global Healing center )
Eating berries regularly can give you radiant skin and can erase years from your age without plastic surgery. And they taste great too!


We have a history here of having you put food on your face. Cranberries , Kitty Litter , Snail Slime . We love DIY masks here at PTB . So while I was making some yummy blueberry tarts . I decided to cook up a mask for all of us to try . I did have some reservations seeing that it may turn my face blue. Who didn't watch Willy Wonka as a kid.  Id liken the fear to Violets fate. Here at PTB we push through the fear .

Ingredients
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of yogurt
1 table spoon of honey ( i used agave nectar )

I used this youtube to guide me . You can mix it up if you like. I used agave nectar and green tea bags for my eyes instead of cucumbers . I steap the green tea bags in water just until the water turns. Then I put them in the freezer for a couple hours. There a miracle on puffy eyes . Take a look at this video , if you have long hair make sure it is tied back tight. For the seeds and skins will work there way up to your scalp.  I liked this recipe beacause its simple and easy. My skin is super soft and glowing.  For the men that read this blog which there are allot. You promise me you'll give this a try also.








Here are a few more pics of my excursion at the blueberry farm. Hope you are enjoying the summer with the beauty of blueberries









































1 comment:

  1. I like to try berries recipe you share. I think its effective and has a good effect on skin.

    ReplyDelete