Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lotto Panic



Wine in a box anyone?


I guess if you contemplate anything having no money worries would be one of them. I honestly would love to win the mega millions.Sometimes I feel like I'm adult grounded after I pay my bills. Though I wonder if it would buy me happiness? Would I for a lack of a better word would I "piss " through it?Would I be anymore happy than I am now? Could I cure my afluenza. Since I'm not a lotto winner, I'll console myself with a latte from the local coffee house. Then come home do my domestic diva duties. I over heard allot of people talking about what they'd do if they won today? They talked about how they'd fly away. One of the young guys that works at my work week lunch place. Said he'd be setting sail on a yacht if he won.



The lottery is a part of our pop culture. We are obsessed with the rich with the advent of reality shows when in the past we'd get a peak into the gated private lives of the rich. There was always a mutual respect noone spoke of money. Even when I was a kid my mom would whisper " they have money" . Like it was a secret or something. In the 80's shows like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Gave us all a look into the life of the uber rich. Today we have a whole gamete of reality shows that showcase the rich. I think with the downward economic status of the world today. Maybe its a source of escapism. Well we do love the rich and fab. I think the historic lottery game that just took place proves it. So when you win the Lotto Pop Trash Beauty is here to keep you grounded so you don't become a dreaded SNOB! ( any excuse really to post these gems) I was like Sarah in a geeky way . I wanted to stay home on Friday night to watch 20/20 in my fuzzy jammies. Paint my nails and do a facial mask ice cream may have been involved.G-Whiz I was a drip not very swell.




Look at these non Luxe items you can enjoy even if you didn't win tonight. See don't you feel better already? Here are a few tips I learned over the years.

  • Duct tape fixes everything
  • Ramen is a staple ( especially when the rent is due) 
  • Bologna is good protein
  • Wet n Wild Cosmetics 
  • Creepy dollar store resin animals , make a unique gift!
  • Box wine a single cat ladies staple ( Don't tell Nick Rhodes ) 

Non Lottery Winner Swag


Eyeshadow
59 DKK - nelly.com

Body cleanser
$1 - dollartree.com

Polyresin Easter Bunny Figurines
$1 - dollartree.com

1 comment: