Monday, February 13, 2012

Kiss my Cupids Bow ( Happy Valentines Day )

Kiss My Cupids Bow




The cupid bow was all the rage in the 1920's . Film star Clara Bow inspired the lip. It seemed like a fitting lip in the spirit of Valentines Day. Many famous femme fatales worn the cupid bow . Freshly bobbed hair , thin long brows cupid bow on your pout. Some famous 1920's dames wearing the bow. Dadaism muse Kiki of Montparnasse ( Man Ray's lover )   to Americas sweetheart of that era Mary Pickford. Even Betty Boop still rocks out the cupids bow. Let's look at it in action. This is footage from Man Rays films of  KiKi  really ahead of his time in so many ways.






 On a quite night I shut off the televsion , pour a glass of wine listen to Edith Pilaf . Usually when I am working on a painting I like to have Edith with me. I mention this for it seems like a great gift for your valentine. To me love songs sound more soulful in french at times.







 Have a wonderful Valentines Day my loves , thanks for all the support and love
Downton Abbey Valentine / Via Chad Thomas



When the Velvet Underground wrote Femme Fatale it was inspired by Edie Sedgwick one of Andy Warhol s most iconic muses. Duran Duran did a cover of this song which has always been a favorite of mine. The models in this video are wearing fangs not cupid bow lips. Though fangs could be considered valentine themed ?






4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, how I love thee 1920's it is the reason my eyebrows will never grow back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes everyone that pic at the top is me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS choices!

    I'd like to throw "Kiss Them For me" in the hat... Gotta love Siouxsie and the banshees!

    Happy Valentine's Day, girlie!

    xxoo
    Christine
    @thatgalkiki

    ReplyDelete