Friday, August 26, 2011

Rock You Like Hurricane Preparedness




My interview with Jemma Kidd was cancelled due to the impending Hurricane Irene. Not to make light of the seriousness of this storm being safe is key. Lately I like many others in my region have been re introduced to tornado's, earthquakes, for the love of Pete I say an obligatory and loud " REALLY " . I have made a hurricane emergency bag. What did Pop Trash Beauty put in her bag. I infused the post with my quirky humor not to be disrepectful . Just to be down to earth we have so many alerts and alarm bells these days. In which we take heed. I just wanted to add a little humanity to a serious topic.

  • Cat Food
  • 1 gallon of water
  • Granola bars
  • can opener
  • tuna / mayo packets
  • medication ( Tylenol , Allergy Meds)
  • Important paperwork
  • Rice Cakes
  • Batteries
  • Flashlight
  • charged cell phone
  • List of phone numbers ( I don't know anyone's  phone number , since the advent of cell phones)
  • Ipod charged ( lots of music )
  • Book ( Jane Austen's- Emma )
  • Lippy ( if any of the coast guard is single it can't hurt)
  • Tooth paste / Tooth Brush ( yes it a duranish pink)
  • First Aid Kit
Here is an informational video for you to watch






Bubba is comming with me , his bag is ready to go








So please prepare be safe during the storm. Its better to over prepare then not too at all.  Well most of the time we end with a song and this is no exception . I have two actually . Yes today a person told me this was one of the most unique and refrenshing subtle homages to Duran Duran. ( Its not always about them but I'll take unique and refreshing any ole day ) 



I think I need a glass of wine to ease my thinking ( In a proper wine glass of course)

1 comment:

  1. Cash .. tam's could be down for a few days

    Be safe

    And nice assortment

    Quarters for payphones

    no chocolate, really?

    wish this were just a lame blockbuster

    get through it.

    ReplyDelete