Friday, January 21, 2011

Random Life Post : My Inspired Makeup Looks .





First off Guy liner is taking a bit longer then anticipated. I have been asked by our male readers to do this. Yes we do have some. I want it to be excellent . I think the tricks an tips I have for you will really give you the impact guy liner should. So you want to know what goes into a Duran Duran Inspired look. Most of all Why I do them. Why I don't use models even. If I think I'm a model ?!?! *shakes head*  . Um rest assured that I don't think that . I kinda stand on the principle if a regular looking women like me can do this, so can you. This post is a culmination of your questions about the looks.



RIO Inspired look. I am doing this look over . I was to be honest scared. Can you see the fear ?


  Q: How do you come up with the looks?
A: Honestly I get an idea an work from there . I do sketch them out on a face chart but none really come out like I imagined in the case of Blame The Machines it came out better. Though we did have a 1st draft


First Draft
Q: Why are the looks always about Duran Duran ?
A: I adore them like allot of you do. So with there new album dropping it kinda felt like the right time. I had neglected my makeup skills . It just felt right an they inspire me creatively. It wont always be about them. We have a Zoolander requested look coming. Ive been playing with a look based on the French impressionist era impaticular Seurat's Pointillism.  I think you'll like the art inspired looks allot.

The concept of pointillism is to create solid space of color by using dots of two or more colors in an area. French artist Georges-Pierre Seurat made this technique famous. His painting, Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte (1884-1888) via http://www.incredibleart.org/



New Moon On Monday Inspired Look
There was something missing from this look . So I didn't post it.
I wanted the eyes to be Tiger inspired . If you want it I'll post .



Q:Did you get injured doing one of these looks ?
A: YES, I had an allergic reaction to the makeup remover . I should know better its my fault for not patch testing first.

Q: Does the band know ? If so which one do they like?
A: I haven't a clue if they know or like?

Q: Will you do the Leopard with sharper pictures? I love this look wish I could see it clearer.
A: I agree when I change out the pics . I will repost the blog entry with a ( REPOST ) in the title.




Q: When is the youtube channel coming ?
A: Soon !  I got a refresher course on Hue an Saturation that is saving the videos. What happened to hold it up. I looked as yellow as Lisa Simpson an talked too much.

I had allot of fun doing these looks . I think the best blog post will be the one with pictures of all of you an your takes on them. The last two in the Duran Series will be Red Carpet Massacre , Sing Blue Silver. I will always do anything you request. I love how these posts have inspired so many of you . That's what it is all about we have many things to explore an makeup to play with. So keep reading !


This is my cat Bubba jumping on my lap, while
I was taking a pic for The Girl Panic Inspired look







7 comments:

  1. life is sweet ... this is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not an average woman. Not with those dark eyes and hair. And that last picture of you in this post you look like a model. Plus Blame the Machine is not a "Hey here how to do Lady Ga Ga eyes." what you do is very creative!

    I'm not a model, writer or Fashionista either, so when I show case my jewelry especially the vintage I'm wearing I'm almost thinking the same thing what an everyday person could wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duran Duran is red smokin' pipin' hot even after all these years. I like the New Moon look! Keep at it...
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Madeline you are so much fun. You have no idea how much you have opened up my fashion vocab. Made me laugh .. You are the freaking best. An you have smelled Tom Ford lol
    @LiLU I love your blog especially since I am a self confessed vintage freak. I love your pictures an content. You are too kind. Im blushing lol Thankgod this blog is helping me get out some of my pent up creativity lol xox
    @cupcake Lady they are so smokin hot an haute lol ( I tried to make a fashionista funny) Im going to keep at it having so much fun. Glad you liked New Moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I <3 it, I'm a Duranie too, & I <3 guy liner btw! From( CariAz)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey.. Own it ! You are a hidden gem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cari Guyliner makes me weak in the knees lol

    ReplyDelete