Monday, September 6, 2010

Random Life Post : Has Art Made You Cry ?

  They say Michael Angelo worked night an day on David. Not sleeping hardly eating with a constant spray of water above his head to keep out the dust. His hands must have been bloody an raw.  I think about the passion an drive it must have took to keep chipping away. Did he weep when he looked upon his creation ? Someone told me they saw a painting the other day that brought them to tears. They were moved by the sheer beauty of the piece. When I asked others some also admitted crying without warning from a work of art. I found this very interesting sobbing at the sheer beauty of art . Evoking such emotion with out warning your over come. ( I told you it was going to be a crazy blog post) I know this is not a new concept but I've been thinking about it allot. Has there ever been a work of art that has brought you to tears? Was it a painting , music , sculpture, cinema, theater ?  One artist that has evoked great emotion in me is Frida Kahlo . This is one of her paintings I could look at over an over just pulls me right in. Its called Memory or The Heart . I have read the explaination of the painting. To me it  embodies the raw emotion of Love betrayed . How it cuts right through you. Its funny my mom always encouraged the fine arts in our home . She'd happily put anything I made on the fridge with pride. When I got to High School my painting went in an entire different direction . Even now she painfully looks at it an says " Dont show people this , they will think I didnt love you "  She says it laughing. I tell her you have to see the dark to see the light. My painting latley has been very light an happy.


"I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration. "


Frida Kahlo



In our next blog post will be about the Fall color !!

No comments:

Post a Comment